SWAP - The Spare Worker Availability Portal
In these unprecedented times, collaboration is essential to support workers displaced by the Coronavirus to transfer to where work is available to ensure the nation is fed and supplied with essential goods.
SWAP is a free tool which allows organisations to post spare and available workers and be contacted by GLAA licensed ALP labour providers who have work for them so that businesses needing extra staff can find the workers they need.
ALP members will contact posting organisations directly to arrange work for spare workers, meaning you can be confident that your people will be treated properly and fairly.
- If you have spare workers, whether for days, weeks or indefinitely – please register to post brief details here
- GLAA licensed ALP labour provider members who need workers – log in here and click on the SWAP tab to view the types and numbers of workers available and who to contact.
- Is there any cost? There is no charge to use SWAP, commercial arrangements may apply between GLAA licence holders. Non-GLAA licence holders may not apply commercial terms
- How is ALP involved? ALP only hosts the portal and is not involved in arrangements between parties. GLAA has confirmed that ALP does not require a GLAA licence.
- Why can only GLAA licence holders view available workers? GLAA licensing is used as the underpinning labour standards due diligence for organisations that may access workers from the portal.
- What are the terms and conditions? ALP reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove any entry and to refuse any organisation from access. ALP excludes all liability for any claim or loss arising out of or in connection with the use of the portal.
- How long does a posting remain on the portal? Postings are automatically removed after two weeks but may be reposted if workers are still available.
- Email email@example.com if workers are no longer available, anyone is posting false information or otherwise abusing this service. ALP reserves the right to bar further use of SWAP.