Established in 2004 at the instigation of the UK government, ALP is a specialist trade association promoting responsible recruitment and good practice for organisations that supply the workforce to the food processing, agricultural and wider consumer goods supply chain.
The ALP influences government and regulatory policy and provides a range of very useful information and services to its members.
The ALP’s mission is for “UK labour provision to be recognised as a model of global good practice” achieved through six policy focus areas:
- Supply Chain Partner – Driving awareness of the crucial role labour providers undertake in supply chains through the sourcing and supply of a high calibre future workforce.
- Access to Labour – Promoting national policy actions and developing industry capability to maintain ongoing access to an adequate labour supply of all skill levels.
- Fair Charge Rates – Promoting payment of fair charge rates to labour providers that enable business sustainability and do not foster worker exploitation or tax evasion.
- Fair to Workers – Supporting labour providers to meet legal and ethical responsibilities and to treat workers fairly and with respect.
- Fair Competition – Support for clear and proportionate regulation of labour provision that facilitates fair competition.
- Responsible Recruitment – Leading a stakeholder partnership approach to drive continuous improvement in responsible recruitment standards applied by labour providers.
The ALP is governed by a Members’ Council of labour providers with an independent Chairman and Chief Executive and supported by the following team.
Head of Policy
Head of Responsible Recruitment
ALP Members’ Council:
- Doug Amesz – Managing Director – AG Recruitment and Management Ltd
- Sarah Boporan – Director – HOPS Labour Solutions Ltd
- Justin Emery – Fruitful Jobs Ltd
- Cameron Ford – Reflect Recruitment Group Ltd
- Bernard Gaughan – Director – Total Labour Solutions
- Andy Hart – Director – Blue Arrow Ltd
- Matthew Jarrett – Managing Director – Pro-Force Ltd
- David Mankelow – CEO – First Call Contract Services Ltd
- Stephanie Maurel – CEO – Concordia
- Jeremy McGrail – Managing Director – The Staffing Group
- Mark Roberts – Managing Director – gap Personnel Holdings Ltd
- Derek Skelton – CEO – Meridian Business Support Ltd
- Ken Steers – Human Resources Director – Cordant Group PLC
- Peter Taylor – Operations Director – Encore Personnel Services Ltd
- David Thurley – Corporate Account Director – GI Group
- David West – Managing Director – Scope HR Solutions Ltd